Sunday, April 01, 2007

Last night's COS Banquet.

Last night was the Connecticut Outreach Societies annual banquet, after months of planning it finally came off without a hitch. For the last couple of weeks I have been biting my nails worrying if we would get enough reservation to meet the minimum number of diners for it. Two weeks ago we were ten diners short and that meant that we would lose money on the banquet because we priced the dinner to break even at fifty.
But we had fifty-six reservations and five walk-ins. Whew!
It think everyone had a good time from the feedback that I got and they liked the guest speaker that we had. She teaches psychology and sociology courses on Human Sexuality at a local college, she also had a radio talk show. She gave an excellence talk on gender and transgenderism. Before her talk, I had to give out awards to our a few of our members so I had to get up in front of everyone and handout the awards. Compared to three years when I did that for the first time I have really improved my public speaking.
Here is a picture that a friend took while I was giving out the awards. You can see what I meant about in the meme below about being addicted to food. Gaining weight is so easy, loosing weight is so hard.
I had a problem with my camera last night, the flash wouldn’t go off. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong so I didn’t get to take as many photos of the banquet as I wanted. It wasn’t until this morning when I figured out what was wrong, I had the autofocus set for macro and that disables the flash and it also explains why some of my photographs were out of focus. I was using my camera at work to photograph some small defects on a printed circuit board and I forgot to set the autofocus back to its normal setting. Ugh…

No comments:

Post a Comment