Sunday, April 15, 2007

After Eight Months of Work, Success!

The TransHealth and Law conference was a great hit, we had over ninety attendees and for the first conference; that was fantastic. I won’t say it went off without a hitch, but so far all the comments I heard were good. I got there at 7:15 to help set up for the conference and then I helped at the presenters registration table. I also attended two of the fifteen workshops. Both of the workshops that I attended were about legal trans-issues. One of the workshops was by a lawyer from Connecticut Human Rights and Opportunity Commission on what is the definition of discrimination and how to file a complaint with the CHRO. The other workshop was also on legal issues and was given by the Senior Staff Counsel for GLAD (Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders), Jennifer Levi, who was one of the co-counsels that argued to case that allowed marriage equality in Massachusetts.

2 comments:

  1. It was a good and worthwhile conference. Much hard work went into it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it went well after all of the hard work that went into it. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete