Monday, May 22, 2006

Ogunquit Trip

The weekend was a blast! And for those who were wondering how dinner went with my brother and sister-in-law. Well we didn’t go out to eat, I went over there instead. No it wasn’t a cop out; it was because my niece and her four year old son were there. So instead of going out for a lobster dinner we had it there and my niece and her son got to meet Diana for the first time. It went very well, I was so nervous at meeting them and it turned out once again to be worrying over nothing. For my niece it was a none event and for her son, well like any four year old when they meet someone new, hid behind his mother’s leg and peeked out from behind it. I am so lucky to have a family that is so accepting, I just can’t believe it!
As for the rest of the weekend it also was great. The B&B was not as plush or the food as good as the one I go to for Fantasia Fair in Provincetown, but it was good. There were two other COS gals there and two lesbian couples, one couple is from Maine and the other couple is from Ontario Province in Canada, who were also staying there for the weekend.
It was murder getting there on Friday; it took almost five hours to get there for a normal three hour drive. The Massachusetts Turnpike was closed down because of hazardous trail truck accident, so for a normal half hour drive I sat in bumper to bumper traffic for two and a half hours for ten miles on the turnpike. But once I got to Ogunquit I was able to relax and go for a walk along the Marginal Way down to Perkins’s Cove and then late that night I went out to dinner with one of the COS members.
On Saturday we met up with the Sunshine Club members that were also up there for the weekend and walked around sight seeing and shopping. That night the COS member and I went to a “T” dance at the Main Street Bar. When we entered the lady at the door looked at us and said that this was a women’s dance and that we could not go out on to the dance floor. To me that seemed like a violation of Maine’s new Anti Discrimination law that includes “actual or perceived…gender identity or expression.” ..... “in a place of public accommodation”, but we didn’t want to make an issues of it so we went in and sat on the porch for a couple of drinks. Later we were joined by one of the couples from the B&B and we sat and talked over drinks. For dinner the two of us met one of the Sunshine Club members for dinner, followed by drinks at the Piano Bar on the corner of Shore Road and Main St.
Sunday the two of us went to Nubble Light house and then shopping in Kittery at some of the hundreds of factory outlets there and then I got ready for the big dinner at my brother’s.
Now for the photos.....................













4 comments:

  1. It IS nice to have supportive family, isn't it? I've never had an adverse reaction from any of my family. My neice (who is now in her mid-30s) found out about me years and years ago and was totally nonchalant about it. She used to treat our house as her own while she was going to college and just walked in one day as Jami was getting ready to walk out. She paused for about a microsecond to look at me and then just continued on into the house, saying "I've got to pee really bad. We can talk when I'm done but I'm assuming this is not for Halloween since it's May. You look really cute."

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I am in absolute awe of your gorgeous photos! Fantastic!
    I'm so glad your weekend went well and you have an accepting family. I applaud your strenght and braveness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the scenery had a lot to do with it; when you have great material it makes it a whole lot easier.
    We do what we have to do and we all have to come out to our families sooner or later, having a great family is also a big blessing. As you know there are many in our GLBT community that are not that lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic's girlfriend! And as always excellent insight/information in this marvelous blog from a woman with such beauty!

    love,
    jerimarie

    ReplyDelete