Friday, July 03, 2009

Saturday 9: Yankee Doodle Dandy

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Yankee Doodle Dandy



1. What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren't in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.)
When I was little I use to go over to a friends house on the 3rd and sleep over so we could start shooting off fireworks the first thing in the morning.

2. Do you consider yourself patriotic?
Yes, but how do you define patriotic?

3. Do you like fireworks?
Love them.

4. What are your plans for this weekend?
I am up at the family lake cottage in New Hampshire until Saturday and driving down to New London CT for a party on the 4th to shoot off fireworks

5. Are you optimistic about the future?
Yes, we go through cycles and we are in a down cycle right now.

6. Do you think everyone should serve in the military?
Yes, I think there should be mandatory government service for both men and women. I think wee are less likely to go to war if it is your sons or daughters in the trenches.

7. Would you support a constitutional ban on flag burning?

No. I believe that it is a political statement made by idiots. Any group that burns the flag, I do not want to be associated with, but it is covered by the First Amendment.

8. What end of the political spectrum are you?
Left, no farther, no even farther left.

9. Where do you get your news?
Television, cable, newspapers, Internet newspapers and blogs.

8 comments:

  1. I like fireworks too. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had fun with this one...it's not my favorite holiday...but then I am not a big holiday person!
    Hope you have a great weekend! Lani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th.
    Enjoyed your answers.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/saturday-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The military thing is interesting. I feel like it depends where you grow up. People in Israel don't think twice about military service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca -- I think that Israel proves my point. If the people feel a direct threat to the freedom and lives they are willing to defend their country. However, if the people do not fell that threat they will resist going to war.

    ReplyDelete