Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Up At The Cottage

I have been up at the cottage in New Hampshire since Friday and my laptop computer caught a virus, which caused it to lock-up after a short time. So I had a lot of time to relax and reflect upon life.

It is interesting the different character the lake has on weekends vs. the weekdays. I arrived at the cottage on Friday around noon and the lake was already hopping with boat traffic. There was a couple of water skiers, a few kids were zipping around the lake in speed boats, two fisherman were trolling around the edge of the lake, a couple of kayakers paddling, there was a woman on a sunfish sail boat cursing about and two kids on a jet ski (which should have not been there because they are banned from the lake). You could hear laughter and screams as kids play in the water. The lake is teeming with human activity.

But come Monday, the lake was calm and peaceful; the cry of loons could be heard echoing off the mountains and the birds singing in the trees. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Nature had reclaimed the lake.

Then the rains came. It poured Tuesday while two friends from Connecticut were there with me and we watched movies all day. On the deck, I grilled chicken on the charcoal grill in the rain. However, they enjoyed being there, they said it was a great change of pace, it was relaxing.

I had to come home for a meeting and I will be going back up there Sunday and with a little luck my laptop will be repaired and I can work on my lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment