Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Hop River State Park - Rails To Trails


Yesterday, I went walking with a couple of friends on the Bolton Notch section of the rails to trails. This was the first time that I walked since I went to New York City for the Pride parade, there I walked about 10 miles over 5 hours, but yesterday we walked 4.2 mils in about an hour and fifteen minutes. It was a lot faster pace and I felt it this morning, I was stiff getting out of bed. We walked from the parking lot just off of I-384 to Steeles Crossing and the trail goes under I-384 and trough several rock cuts as it winds it’s way to Steeles Crossing.

It is a multiuse trail system that uses old railroad right-of-ways and it is a fantastic use of the right-of-way. I love walking on them because it is level, no hills to climb and no valleys to descend, just flat and smooth. My only comment is that I wish the horse riders would pick up the little deposits that their horses leave behind.

1 comment:

  1. Diana,

    I've noticed that you play a few other memes in the blogosphere. I really enjoy your answers! I'd like to invite you to play The Queen's Meme every Tuesday with Mimi Queen of Memes.
    The fun begins next week on July 14, 2009. I will send another reminder to everyone on Monday.
    The Queen's Meme

    I hope you will join us!
    Mimi Lenox

    ReplyDelete