Saturday, January 01, 2022

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day

 Sam's Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day (1991)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I got a song and a topic for next Saturday… Since it is a new year, Harry Belafonte: “There's a Hole in the Bucket” with questions about your bucket list.


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2022.

1) In this song, Paula Abdul celebrates the promise of a new day. Here at Saturday 9, we're celebrating the promise of a new year. What do you hope 2022 will bring?

That the madness will end.

 2) She sings that we should see the wisdom from mistakes of the past. What wisdom did you gain in 2021?

That the Yogi-isms “It ain’t over till it’s over.” is true.

3) What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2022?

Being with people.

4) Paula Abdul was once a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?

Nope. I am partial to the UConn Women’s basketball team.

5) In 2009, she hosted RAH!, an elite cheer leading competition.  Do you remember any cheers from your school years?

Nope, I never went to any of the games.

6) While famous for performing, Paula has arguably been more successful for her work behind the scenes, winning an Emmy for her choreography. Are you comfortable being the center of attention? Or would you rather work behind the scenes?

Behind the scenes. I been on the Sunday morning talk shows and I didn’t like them. I have been interviewed by news crews and most of them are not bad. The one that interviewed me talked to first going over what they wanted to ask so that made it easier.

7) She taught actor Val Kilmer how to dance for his role as Jim Morrison in the biopic The Doors. What talent, knowledge or advice have you recently shared?

Not much, I am at a point in life where I am taking it easy.

8) Paula was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2005 and uses a prescription biologic every day to help her cope with pain in her toes. On your last trip to the drug store, did you pick up a prescription, or something else?

Prescriptions and one was around $500 for a three month supply.

9) Random question: You have been house-hunting for months. You finally find your dream home and are just about to say "yes" when you spot a mouse scurrying across the floor. Would you take the house anyway?

Every house has mice in the winter! I do.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


I pulled a muscle in my lower back Wednesday standing up from a chair, it was as simple as that. I was waiting to pick up my order and sat in a chair while waiting and stood up when the person ahead of me got her order. I stood up to walk to the counter and just about collapsed. I hobbled out and been in pain since then.

So after the fact I am doing back exercises.

I am looking into food deliveries from Stop & Shop, I will not be able to walk around the store for a couple of weeks while my back heals.

7 comments:

  1. Oh! I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your back feels better soon. What a thing to have happen. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 is so true--I hope to get back to more regular socializing.

    I hope you have a speedy recovery for your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My back is horrible. I see a chiropractor for things like that regularly, or I would be in pain a lot too. I hope you feel better soon.
    I wish medicine didn't cost so much. Isn't that the craziest thing? Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend and Happy New Year 2022! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori
      I know I had to have infusions after last summer sickness and each time it costs $7,500.00. I got a message from the insurance company that they had denied the claim but then the CT. GI straightened it all out and I will not owe anything. I would advise anyone to question and question again their bills. The gatekeepers who sit at the desks in the insurance companies are not always right and many I have found, this is the truth, do not know how to do their job. I am giving up all doctors on Jan. 31.

      Delete
  5. Heal quickly Diana. Happy New Year and keep up the good fight. #9 I live in a mobile home and the mice get under it. So, I get glue traps, horrible I know and get them. Last time I went out on mouse patrol I didn't catch any. Hope they are gone but living on the edge of the woods near the Ct. River I will just continue to do what I do. They sure smell nasty if one uses poison bait and then one cannot find the body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad you are suffering from that pain in your back. Somewhere I read that those kind of injuries that have no apparent reason are due to a lack of vitamin B. Maybe you should check that out. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete