Saturday, January 08, 2022

Saturday 9: Moody Blue

 Sam’s Saturday 9: Moody Blue (1977)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I apologized for not replying to your comments last week but the back pain was pretty intense and I did do much of anything. My back still is very sore but I can get around slowly.


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was recorded in the special studio Elvis had built in the Jungle Room of Graceland. During the pandemic, have you made like Elvis and worked from home?

All my meetings were Zoom meetings.

2) Elvis sings that his girl is completely unpredictable. Which quality to you find more attractive: spontaneity or dependability?

I never really thought about that, most are dependable.

3) He only performed the song once in concert. In February 1977, shortly after the record was released, Elvis sang "Moody Blue" live in Charlotte, NC, but had to rely on lyric sheet. Crazy Sam can sympathize because she seems to forget passwords as soon as she sets them. Do you often struggle with your memory?

Not really, but having a calendar app helps immensely but sometimes it does get ridiculous when all the devices start to beep a reminder. There is a choir of beep, beeps around the room.

4) "Moody Blue" was the final hit of Elvis' lifetime, only getting to #31 in the US but reaching #3 in the UK. What's your favorite Elvis song?

Um… I don’t have one. When his songs come on the radio which isn’t often I like them but I would never play one.

5) We're focusing on Elvis this week because January 8 would be his 87th birthday. He enjoyed celebrating his birthday by renting the Memphis movie theater and watching the latest movie with an invited group of friends. What's your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?

Oh hum, it is just another day.

6) For his 11th birthday, young Elvis asked for a rifle or a bicycle. His mother deemed the gun too dangerous and the bike too expensive and instead gave her son his first guitar. Tell us about a memorable birthday from your youth.

Well, um… there was nothing fancy. Had cake, ice cream, open presents, and birthday cards. Speaking of birthday cards I got one from my life insurance company, isn’t that nice. They are wishing me a long life.

7) Elvis loved horses and kept them in the stable at Graceland. His favorite was a palomino named Rising Sun. To honor both horse and rider, Elvis' daughter has always kept a palomino in the stable whose name includes "sun." The current resident is Tuscan Sun. Known as "Tucky," he's lived at Graceland for more than 20 years now and is a favorite of Alene Alexander, who maintains the stable and reports he has "attitude and knows he's prettier than everybody else." Tell us about an animal who holds a place in your heart.

This is another “Well, um…” I like other people animals, that way you don’t have to take care of them. My brother’s family are big on dogs. For another thing I don’t like leaving a pet by themselves, they get in too much mischief on their own.

8) Throughout his life, Elvis had trouble sleeping. As a preteen, he was a sleepwalker. As an adult, he battled insomnia. Is sleep an issue for you?

HA! As I write this at 3 AM.

9) Random question: Do you wear your shoes in the house?

No, slippers.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hope your back feels better soon. I've been creaky myself since Christmas and my flight to Florida. Sitting in one position for hours messed me up and I can't get "unmessed."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hope your back is getting better and stronger. Knock on wood, I have been sleeping through the night lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Zoom meetings at home were so boring, but last year we had a couple that we watched at work and those were ok. Totally different kind of meetings.
    I am so sorry about your back. Mine gets messed up sometimes too. I hope you are feeling better. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha! The birthday card from your insurance company...that's touching and right up there with the Christmas cards I got from a couple of companies I have ordered clothes from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A birthday card from your insurance company? Wow. You rate really high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your insurance company loves you. Mine doesn’t love me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my meetings are Webexes....same thing as Zoom, just a different platform. Fine by me :) I'm happy my company doesn't require cameras on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My birthday is just another day, too. Completely understand that!
    I'm a (reluctant) night owl nowadays. Taking naps is sort of delicious, though. :)

    ReplyDelete