Friday, January 21, 2022

I Am Proud Of Her

The last couple of days I have been writing about influencers, well I just ran across an 8 year old influencer.

11-year-old transgender girl is a finalist for TIME's 'Kid of the Year'
“I’m a bold and strong, independent little lady, and I will keep fighting for as long as I need to,” Kai Shappley said.
The Hill
By Brooke Migdon
January 19, 2022


An 11-year-old transgender girl from Texas is a finalist for TIME and Nickelodeon’s second annual “Kid of the Year” distinction.

Kai Shappley, a resident of Austin, Tx., is one of 20 finalists for the award, which honors young leaders making strides in areas like social justice, science, and education, according to a news release.

Shappley in April testified before a Texas Senate committee to argue against the passage of two bills that sought to restrict access to gender-affirming care for minors, asserting that Texas lawmakers “have been attacking me since Pre-k.”

“I love ballet, math, science, and geology,” she told the committee in April. “I spend my free time with my cats, chickens, FaceTiming my friends, and dreaming of when I finally get to meet Dolly Parton. I do not like spending my free time asking adults to make good choices.”

“It makes me sad that some politicians use trans kids like me to get votes from people who hate me just because I exist,” she said. “God made me. God loves me for who I am. And God does not make mistakes.”

When I testified before a committee hearing I was nervous as hell, can you imagine an eleven year old doing and she did it with poise.

“Being the mother of a transgender child who’s consistently under attack, being her mom has made me a better person,” Shappley’s mother, Kimberly, said in a recent interview with NBC-affiliate KXAN-TV. “It’s made me a better Christian. It’s made me a better neighbor. It’s made me a better friend. It’s made me a better mom to all of my kids.”

I firmly believe that transitioning makes you a stronger person, the stress that we go through when we transition, we are quenched and tempered in the forge of life.



1 comment:

  1. It is sad that Kai is both much more mature and loving than these politicians who wish to control the lives of people they do not (and care not) to understand. I hope that the world leaves Kai alone because she will go far in life if allowed.

    ReplyDelete