Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Shades Of Maine

About ten years ago on the prompting by the boy’s custodial grandparent a boy went into the girls bathroom in protest of a trans girl’s using the girl’s bathroom.
A High School Expelled A Girl For Kicking A Boy Who Entered The Girls' Bathroom To "Protest" Against A Trans Student
The boy entered the girls' bathroom at the North Pole High School in Alaska as a form of "protest" after a transgender student took a selfie in the boys' bathroom.
BuzzFeed
By Tasneem Nashrulla
April 15, 2019

A high school in North Pole, Alaska, expelled a girl who kicked a boy in the groin after he entered the girl's bathroom. The boy was there as a form of "protest" against a third student — who is transitioning from female to male — who posted a selfie from the boy's bathroom.

The incident at North Pole High School began earlier this month when the transgender student posted the selfie from the boys' bathroom on Snapchat, according to Dr. Karen Gaborik, the superintendent of the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District.

A group of boys at the school became "upset about the public nature of the post and restroom use," Gaborik said in a statement.

So they decided to enter a girls' restroom at the school to take their own Snapchat selfie "as a form of protest" against the transgender student's post, the statement said.

"Tomorrow identify as a women and use the women's bathroom if you want this shit to end," a snap about the protest — that was reposted on Facebook — said. "If we identify as Women and use the girls bathroom we are set so let's do it, don't do it to be a asshole we are doing it to boycot this bullshit."
The girls in the bathroom ended the protest quickly…
As the first boy in the group made it past the door of the bathroom, a girl who was leaving the restroom kicked him in the groin, Gaborik said. All the boys turned around and left the area.
I personally think it is in bad taste to take any photos including selfies, in the bathroom and here in Connecticut it is against the laws to photograph someone without their permission in an area where they have an expectation of privacy.

Oh… and the Maine case went all the way to the Supreme Court which found in favor of the trans girl
(You can read about here case here and here).



When you are licensed to serve the public it means all the public not just a select few.
Catholic Bishops Stopped My Surgery Because I’m Transgender
ACLU Northern California
March 21, 2019

[…]
My surgery was scheduled for Aug. 30, 2017, at St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka. It’s the only hospital in the area, and I was so excited that my community offered transgender care. I could get the operation close to home and then recover with my loved ones.

I had a pre-op appointment on Aug. 24 that went smoothly, and I followed all the instructions to prepare for my surgery.

On Aug. 30, I arrived at the hospital and they checked me in and did the surgery prep, which was extremely uncomfortable and triggering. I was given a pink gown. I asked the nurse if I could have a blue gown, but she told me I was having a “female surgery” and should wear the pink. I felt like a child all over again, sitting uncomfortably in a pink dress. But I forced myself to do it, I had been waiting so long for this.

They hooked me up to an IV to get ready to put me to sleep. About an hour after waiting, my surgeon finally came to get me. But when I saw the look on his face, I got a terrible feeling. He told me my surgery was canceled. It was denied by the Catholic Church for ethical reasons. I didn’t understand how this could be happening. The Catholic bishops didn’t approve of my surgery. It seemed unreal.
They threw him out of the hospital while he was still wearing the hospital booties…
Today, with the help of the ACLU, I filed a lawsuit. It’s unfair for St. Joseph to deny me care because I’m a transgender man. I should be able to go to the hospital where I live. Life in Humboldt County has been tough enough. Everyone thinks it’s a liberal place, but it’s not for trans people. I am regularly harassed and called names.
This is just the beginning!

Trump has said he was going to sign an Executive Order allowing medical staff facilities that get federal funding to deny treatment based on “religious freedom” to discriminate. And down in Texas there is a bill making its way through the Texas legislature to do the same thing, allow health care providers to refuse treatment on medical religious grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment