Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday 9: The Middle

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)

First off I apologize for not visiting your blogs to reply to your answers, I was deep in a blue funk over the elections and I am still a little depressed over the results, it could have been better but at least the Democrats got control of the House. Here in Connecticut it was a blue sweep but it was so close in the polls that it could have gone either way.

I basically did nothing at all for 4 days except read… no TV, no newspapers, and very little Facebook.

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway?
I always give in, I am at a stage in life where it is not worth quibbling over little stuff it is not worth the effort.

2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend?
Ha! I haven’t done the floors in months so now why should I do it this weekend.

3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list?
Picked lobster,
Frozen mixed vegetables
Frozen diced potato
Frozen small whole onions
Cream of Celery soup
Pie Crust

I am planning on making Lobster Pot Pie

4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target?
The last thing that I bought was from Target, an 8” frying pan and I’m going there tomorrow to see about getting my phone fixed (The phone is not making calls over the WiFi).
On the Cape the nearest big box stores are an hour away at home they are a couple of miles down the road.

5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with?
I have no idea, I probably did it subconsciously.

6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with?
Oh this one is easy to answer… never. I even lip-sync Happy Birthday.

7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown?
Well it all depends upon what you mean by “a body of water” I have a swamp… er… I mean wetlands behind my house and with all the rain we have been having it is a small pond right now. And if you mean where I have the cottage there is a small body of water nearby called the Atlantic Ocean.

8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch?
No not really. I have seen a number of solar and lunar eclipses, and I’ve seen a comet.

9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike?
I sleep like a cranky baby who wakes up in the middle of the night.

8 comments:

  1. Lobster pie? I'm coming over! I'm a cranky sleeper too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wake up in the middle of the night, too! I wonder what's up with that.

    You know, we all wanted The Good Guys (or girls) to win sooooooo badly that we may have allowed ourselves to be distracted from our major legislative gains. For example, here in IL, the Dems now have a supermajority in the state capital and here in Chicago's city hall. That's a big deal and it will have an impact on issues like healthcare. So I've got to let Beto go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! Your last comment made me laugh..sleeping like a cranky baby who wakes up in the middle of the night. That would explain me too. hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh--Lobster pie! Ahhhh, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on #1. I don't alwaysagree, but it's easier to keep silent and just go along.

    As to #2, since my "whatever it is" made me too weak to do a lot of things, my son has taken over doing things like mopping the floor. In truth, I am so much better now I could do it myself, but hope I can get one more floor mopping in before I admit it! (He'll never see this comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got your recipe page on follow or something. Bookmarked....pie sounds lovely but I can't eat it. Can still eat tuna pie.
    Answer 1. Yes, I go along even when it's big stuff and maybe just sigh and look out a window. It's a good time to practice meditation. lol
    I'm still on lock down about elections. I just know that it is HUGE that the Dems have the House back. All the ethics and such committees are House.

    And, we have another Dem Gov, and a possible felon is our rep, but .... that's San Diego... meh. Go with the sobs until they go under behind bars ... Rinse repeat. He got a hulluva run for his money though. I'm chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dems did good. Not as good as I'd have liked but enough to be acknowledged. Your answer to #9 made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean in the first question. I alway way it out too.

    ReplyDelete