Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Of All Placed That Bigotry Rears Its Ugly Head.

There are some spaces where you wouldn’t expect discrimination such as LGBT spaces but there are always some gay bigots out there.
Gay sauna ejects trans man because a customer complained a ‘woman’ was using the facility
LGBTQ Nation
By Gwendolyn Smith
November 1, 2018

A sex friendly bathhouse in London ejected a transgender man for not having a penis.

The man in question, a 26-year-old trans man who gave the pseudonym “Jason Smith” to protect his identity visited Sailors Sauna, located in the Limehouse district of East London, with a friend on Monday night.

Sailor’s Sauna advertises itself as a “social club for men interested in other men.”

Smith was initially reluctant to visit the place, as while he describes himself as “very passable,” he has not had bottom surgery.

“I was a little nervous about being trans as I haven’t had bottom surgery but was reassured (by a friend who accompanied him) there would be no issue,” Smith said to Gay Star News. “So I thought I’d double check on the website.”

The website for Sailors Sauna provides little information beyond a handful of photos, their address, prices, and hours, and a page or two on special event nights. There are no pages with rules, expectations of conduct, or – most importantly – who is or isn’t allowed on premises.
But then an employee saw it differently…
“A staff member came over and requested I leave,” said Smith. “I was not allowed because of my genitals.”

Smith explained his transgender status and shared his identification card, which lists him as male. He also noted that their website doesn’t list any rules barring transgender people from Sailors Sauna.

The staff member replied that Sailors Sauna was a “male space,” telling Smith that it would be find if he had “tits and a dick,” but that his current anatomy was unacceptable.
I have had no problems with almost all lesbians and gays but there is always one or two that I know don’t like me in “their space” and they are usually older lesbians and gays, the younger generation seems like they don’t care, it is those who are set in their ways that have problems with trans.

I know of one older lesbian couple who spouse told me in private that her wife didn’t like me being at lesbian events but after her wife got to know me, she liked me.

So how did the London sauna case end up?
Tower Hamlets council clarified with Sailors Sauna that they would not be in breach of their license by allowing a transgender man on their premises.



This afternoon I am at South Windsor senior center for their LGBT Moveable Senior Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment