Saturday, November 24, 2018

Black Magic Woman

Saturday 9: Black Magic Woman (1970)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune: Hear it here.

1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 23, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
Nope, I haven’t done and will not do any shopping over the long weekend

2) On busy shopping days, carts often litter parking lots. After loading your items into your car, are you careful to return your shopping cart to the store or the designated cart receptacle?
Yes, but usually I just carry my bag out from the store and don’t use a cart

3) Who on your gift list is hardest to buy for?
Myself since I don’t usually buy an gifts…we do a Yankee Swap

4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include enjoying leftovers or watching a game?
No watching of any type of sports, the leftovers are all at my nephew’s where we had Thanksgiving but I will buy a store rotisserie chicken to make stuffing and cranberry sandwiches.

5) Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is an annual event. It began in 1924 as a local event in New York. Today it's nationally televised. Did you watch it?
Nope, I was driving up to my nephew’s.

6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2018?
Another year that the family made it through.

7) At the first Thanksgiving, there were no forks. Pilgrims ate with spoons and knives, and forks didn't become popular until the 18th century. Think about your Thanksgiving place setting. Did you have both a salad and a dinner fork?
Nope just a knife and fork.

8) Pies are a popular Thanksgiving dessert. What kind of pie did you enjoy? Or did you have ice cream? Or did you skip dessert?
I had dessert an Apple Cobbler and it did in my morning testing of my blood sugar.

9) This week's featured band, Santana, was named for its founder, Carlos Santana. He was born in Mexico. When at a Mexican restaurant, what do you usually order?
Either Quesadilla Linda or Fajita Coyote with either chicken or steak.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. We have a small Mexican restaurant nearby--I should go more often, their prices are fantastic and the food is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Cobbler sounds awfully good! Maybe not good enough for its impact on your test, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Yankee swap sounds like a lot of fun and the apple cobbler sounds delicious! I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple cobbler sounds amazing! I like cobbler better than pie, but the only cobbler anyone ever makes around here is blueberry, which I dislike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving except for the blood sugar part. My brother said the same thing about his blood sugar after the holiday, too.

    ReplyDelete