Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday Six – Episode 333

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six – Episode 333

1. How old were you when you first started thinking seriously about what you wanted to do as a career?
I think it was around my freshman or junior year in high school. I remember when I was in class when I answered a question about what we wanted to do when we graduated from high school and I said an electrical engineer. The teacher chided me say I wasn’t smart enough to be an engineer… well in 2007 I retired after 35 years in electronics and of those 25 as a supervisor of a electronic test department.

2. How old were you when you built your first long-term friendship (even if the friendship is currently no longer intact)?

Second grade, I met a friend who shared my love of science. I have hardy heard from him once I transitioned.

3. Of the people you consider friends, how long is your longest-lasting friendship?
Well, that is a hard question for me to answer; I have to divide it into pre- and post- transition. My pre-transition friends said that they will still be friends but the Christmas cards have stopped coming, I have been invited to only one party since I transitioned. my post-transition friends I see all the time.

4. When is the last time you spoke to this person either by phone, email or online?
Pre-transition – 2008 when he was in an accident. Post-transition last week.


5. Take the quiz: What stage of development are you in?




You Are In Stage II



Even though you are far from being an actual toddler, you are in the toddler stage of development.
You are still figuring out how to be autonomous and independent in this world.
Sometimes you have trouble just being yourself. You can be a bit ashamed of who you are.
You struggle with impulsive and compulsive behavior. Willpower is a struggle for you.


6. The last question in the quiz asked which trait described you when you’re at your best. Which trait would you describes you at your worst?
A worrier.

I thought the whole quiz was for teens, with questions like the first question “Right now you are have trouble: Figuring out the meaning in life” All through out life you are trying to figure out the meaning of life and it is even more true once you retire. Or question three about when you feel bad you, they don’t have any positive answers like shrug it off and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment