Monday, August 23, 2010

I Have Been Up North…

I got back from our cottage in New Hampshire last night; I was up there with some friends that I invite up there every year. It is nice to have company; I could go up there any time by myself and enjoy the quiet and me time. However, it is so much more enjoyable when you have friends up there with me. I like sitting around talking, I like to cook for friends and enjoy good conversation over dinner and a glass of wine.

Because of the weather, we left early, I was planning on coming home today but it was raining and we saw no sense in staying. It was raining hard all the way home, at times I was driving at 55mph on I-91 because of the heavy rain. With all the water on the road and all the spray, you couldn’t see more than a couple of hundred feet, but there were some idiots who went flying by me, hydroplaning in the water. When I got home, I just crashed out on the recliner.

Thursday night, before I left for New Hampshire, I when out to dinner with a friend and then to Real Art Ways’ Creative Cocktail Hour. We went to a nice Italian restaurant in Hartford next to Bushnell Park, called Vito’s By the Park. While we were there, my friend Stana snapped this picture of me.

2 comments:

  1. I hate driving in that kind of weather! Glad you made it safely.

    Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana, you're as beautiful as when I last saw you.

    Love your stories.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete