Sunday, August 15, 2010

I’m Up At My Brother’s & Sister-In-Law’s Condo On Maine This Weekend

I was originally supposed to dogsit their dog Mattie, but sadly, she passed away, so now I’m just condo sitting this weekend. Yesterday I went down to Kittery to do some shopping for school, but I did stay long because it was mobbed. It was wall-to-wall people, so I just stayed long enough to make the trip to Kittery worthwhile. However, I did stop at Terra Cotta Paste to buy some lobster ravioli and Newbury sauce to take home. The ravioli was delicious, but I did like the Newberg sauce, it to too thin and wasn’t cream based.

Yesterday, I went down to the local beach for the afternoon. Because of the limited parking, I had to park about a half a mile away and carry all my stuff to the beach. When I got there at around eleven, the beach was pretty deserted, but by the time I left, there was a crowd. I just don’t understand some people, this family came and plopped down in front of me blocking my view of the water with their umbrella. There were open spots on either side of my where they could have claimed, but no, they had to sit in front of me. So, I packed up and left around two-thirty, I was planning on staying only until three anyway.

For dinner, I went to a place that I like on Cape Porpoise that sits right at the end of the town dock where the fishing boats unload (Photo: The lobster traps that were stored on the dock). While I was waiting for my dinner, I watched the fisherman loading the bait fish for their traps. They put a small fish in each trap to attract the lobster. For dinner, I had fried clams, onion rings and Cole Slaw and then walked around on the dock. Afterward, I went back to the condo and tried to stay awake until ten, but I only made it to 9:30. The sun and salt air takes a lot out of you, and even though I was sitting under an umbrella, I got a slight sunburn.

Today I am heading up to Boothbay to visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.

Look for an update once I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment