Monday, June 02, 2008

One of the Traits of a Good Leader is Knowing When to Quit

I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primaries because I liked her health care proposals, but I have done a one eighty on my choice of presidential candidates. I now favor Barack Obama, I feel that he is the best choice to bring change to the country.
I feel that one of the traits that make a good leader is to know when to cut your loses, when to mend fences and when to quit. Hillary Clinton has not shown that leadership, she is dragging out the primaries to the determent of the country and the party as can be seen by the outburst of Harriet Christian and the latest news reports…

Hillary Clinton: "It is not over 'til it's over"
Mon Jun 2, 2008 9:06am EDT
By Ellen Wulfhorst

RAPID CITY, South Dakota (Reuters) - It's almost over, isn't it?

That seems to be all anyone wants to know from the Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, but the only person who truly knows isn't telling.

"I'm sort of a day-at-a-time person, and we'll see when Tuesday and the day after Tuesday comes," Clinton said on board a late-night flight to South Dakota, where she planned to spend the last full day of the primary season campaigning.

The last two Democratic primaries are on Tuesday in South Dakota and Montana.

"My political obituary has yet to be written, and we're going forward," Clinton said. "It is not over 'til it's over."

The Clinton campaign, which wants to convince superdelegates that she is the stronger candidate against McCain, hoped to use the Puerto Rico result to support its argument but lower-than-expected turnout weakened the case.

Other cracks were appearing in a campaign that had stayed remarkably optimistic despite the political reality.

The candidate, whose persistence could be viewed either as fierce determination or outright obsession, seemed to flag a bit in Puerto Rico.
I think now she is portraying herself as a sore loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment