Monday, June 16, 2008

The Handfasting

Yesterday, I went to the Wiccan Handfasting of two friends in Easthampton MA, it was a very nice ceremony. I liked when they blended the two colored sands, saying that as the two sands are blended together so are the two souls. That as the two sands can never be separated so to the two souls can never be separated again. They also read a couple of native American prayers from the Cheyenne and from the Apaches. It was a very informal celebration held in the couple’s backyard with the neighbors and friends.

Earlier I was up at the cottage painting. I finished the deck by the lake (the one I am leaning on in my Avatar) and started on the main deck. We had problems with the boat; the outboard motor would not raise or lower, probably because it sank last year. Therefore, it is back to the marina to have that repaired. The good news was that we found the dock way down the other end of the lake.

This video (24 seconds long) is of the lake early Friday morning, the sound is on, and the lake is just so quite and peaceful with just the birds singing in the background that you cannot hear anything.

The water is smooth as glass, there wasn't a breath of a breeze that early in the morning and the day turned out to be beautiful, upper seventies and low humidity.

The dial-up internet connection is SLOW! It is nice to be able to check your email but trying to do anything else is dead show, I tried to check the weather radar for a local TV station and it over ten minutes to load... UGH! Visiting blogs is just too time consuming, so I will not be doing any memes while I am at the cottage.

1 comment:

  1. You must really enjoy the time you spend at your lake cottage. That lake atmosphere looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete