Sunday, May 04, 2008

Northampton Pride

Yesterday, I went up to the Northampton Pride festival this afternoon; I got off to a late start hoping that the weather would clear and warm up out of the low fifties, but it didn’t. When I got there it was very hard to find a parking place, I had to park about five blocks away. I wandered around the festival for a while checking out the booths before I met up with some friends and hung out with them for a bit. I then went looking for the uniTy table and I joined my friend Deja there at the table.

While I was sitting at the table a woman came up to me and said “Hi”, it took a second to recognize her. She is a friend that I hadn’t seen in a couple years, she had moved down to Florida. We talked for a long time and then the three of us went out to dinner at the Northampton Brewery. Just as we were about to leave, we were joined by two other friends, so we stayed for another round of dinks. About half of the other patrons there were lesbians and the table behind us one of the women recognized one of my friends from Provincetown, it turned out we had several friends in common. She is on the Pride committee where she works and two of the others on the committee are our friends, it is a small world after all.

That is one of the reasons that I like going to Pride, it is because I usually see people there that I haven’t seen in a while, it is our community’s town fair. It is like when I use to go to the local town fair every year, I would meet high school friends there that I hadn’t seen all year and to catch-up what has happened to since the last time that we met.
{Picture courtesy of Deja}

3 comments:

  1. You look great! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana!! It was awesome to see you again. I was so homesick, and you are an important member of the village that makes up "home". Most likely will be going to Trans Pride. Justin's words were rather haunting. ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Diana,
    What a great picture of you. You have a very nice smile. See U at Trans Pride. Benda Jean

    ReplyDelete