Saturday, June 03, 2006

Connecticut Gay and Lesbian Film Festivals

Still half asleep from a late night for me, I went to the Connecticut Gay and Lesbian Film Festivals opening night last night and got back a little after midnight. I forgot to turn off the alarm yesterday so it went off at 5:30, ugh!
Anyhow I had a good time there and I enjoyed two of the four movies that they showed, “Queens” ( Reinas ) and “Odd Sock”. I voted for “Odd Sock” as the best one of the night. I liked it because maybe it struck a cord close to me, coming out and telling the family (A mother has to tell her son that she is a lesbian and she worries about how he deals with it.). It was simple but tender and the acting I thought was great and I liked the way it was cast, the actors fit their parts.
The feature movie was also good; it was a Spanish comedy about Spain’s first gay wedding en mass and how their families handled it.
Afterward, there was an opening night party, hence the late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment