Friday, June 09, 2006

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

From belicove.com

Q1 - Name It: If you were asked to put together a band, what would you name it and what kind of music would you play?

I’m not musically inclined and can’t one note from another, but if I was going to put a band together it would be a folk group. I think I would call it the “Traveling Rogues” and I would play the acoustical guitar.

Q2 - Food: When was the last time you ate cake, and what type of cake was it?

At my nephews three year old daughter birthday party and it was ice cream cake of course.

Q3 - eBay: Have you ever bought or sold something on eBay? If so, what did you buy (or sell)? If not, why not?

No, I never bought anything from e-bay. I guess I never had a need to buy anything, I found it just as easy to go to a store buy it where you can pick it up and try it out.

Q4 - Training: How useful do you think diversity or sexual harassment training is in the workplace?

That is a hard one, as a transsexual I know of a number of individuals who have been discriminated against but I don’t think that training really changes anyone’s mind. However, I do think that it shows the employees that the employer will not tolerate discrimination. The same goes for state or national anti-discrimination laws, it won’t stop anyone from what they think but it might stop them from discriminating.
I have a friend who is an FtM who likes to say that as a lesbian he was protected from discrimination, but once he transitioned he was no longer protected from discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment