Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma’am

I got into an accident today on the way home from Maine – I am all right, there were no injuries.

I was pulling up to the tollbooth on the Maine Turnpike in Kittery, I was going about 5 mph and I was about 5 – 10 feet from the booth getting ready to hand my money to the toll collector when WHAM! BAM! A blue Honda goes between my car and the tollbooth, travel about 30 – 40 mph (even though it seemed to me like ninety), hits the front of my car and continues going for about another quarter mile before he pulls over. It was something like one of those TV police chase show, at first I thought he was being chased by the police. His excuse… he stepped on the gas instead of the brake, the state police gave him a couple of tickets.
Here are the gory pictures of my car. (sniff, sniff)


I was going to write a separate blog entry about my gas mileage on this trip tomorrow but since I am talking about my car, I will show you this…
This is my mileage on one tank of gas; I went 432 miles and averaged 50.4 mpg. Each yellow bar on the graph represents the average mpg for five minutes and the little greens cars are the amount of electricity the car regenerated for five minutes (I believe each car equals the amount of energy in one gallon of gas)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your car got mushed....I've had people try to cut me off and fly through the EZ-Pass / Fastlane lanes, maybe this person was trying to do that. Glad they got a ticket ....sounds dangerous flying through toll manes like that, to the tol collectors if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I am sorry about your cute little car, but I'm glad you are OK. And your gas mileage? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads! So glad no one was injured! I'm envious of your mileage.

    ReplyDelete