Saturday, November 05, 2022

Saturday 9: New Attitude (1984)

Sam's Saturday 9: New Attitude (1984)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun… 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Patti Labelle sings that she feels good from her hat to her shoes. Do you often wear hats or caps?

I very rarely wear a hat unless I am at the beach or out in the sun.

P.S. 1:00PM I also wear hats in the winter and in Provincetown a couple of weeks ago I bought a knit hat and thigh high wool socks at the marine salvage store.

2) The lyrics tell us that Patti's worries are few. Is anything particular bothering you as you answer these questions?

Nope… just another day.

3) The video for this song takes place in a high-end boutique. What's the most recent article of new clothing you bought, and where did you buy it?

I bought a LBD for a banquet a couple of weeks ago and also a basic black sweater,

P.S. 1:00PM see answer #1

4) In 2019, a street in Philadelphia was renamed "Patti LaBelle Way." At the ceremony, she was referred to as "The Godmother of Soul." Do you have godparents? If yes, tell us about them.

I did but I never really know them and I have forgotten who they are.

5) Patti dropped out of high school during her senior year. When she was in her mid-30s, she went to night school and earned her diploma. Do you have any diplomas or certificates framed and displayed in your home or office?

I did but over time they fell off the wall.

6) Patti was once engaged to Otis Williams, founder of the Motown super group The Temptations. Who is your favorite Motown recording artist? (Here is a list.)

Not a big fan of Motown so I don’t know many of the artist, the only one that I know off the top of my head is Marvin Gaye, "What's Going On." But in the early seventies my roommate used to play all the time. Listening to it now 50 years later you have to wonder “What has changed?” 

Runner up: Gladys Knight & the Pips and "Midnight Train to Georgia."

7) A diabetic herself, Patti has volunteered her time to organizations that fight the disease. Do you know anyone currently dealing with diabetes?

Yes. I am.

8) In 1984, when this song was popular, Angela Lansbury premiered in Murder, She Wrote, a show still seen in reruns today. Were you a fan?

Yes, and I still watch it in reruns.

9) Random question: What's your secret to a good night's sleep?

Okay. What I usually do is smoke a little pot before going to sleep and as soon as my hear hits the pillow I’m out like a light.


I driving back and forth to Cape Cod this weekend, going up either today or Sunday and coming back on Monday. The state of Connecticut doesn't forward driver licenses in the mail So I have to go up to the Cape to get it at my P.O. Box and coming home either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning so that I can vote on Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. With a black dress and a black sweater, you're ready for anything, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your dress and sweater are nice. I love to wear black. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot is legal here, but I don't have any nor do I know where to get it, as it is legal to possess a small amount, but not legal to sell. Weird law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the song What's going on. Marvin did a few songs that reflected what was going on during that time. His focus changed from Let's Get it On to What's Going On. I was sad when he died. I have several black sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have quite a few hats I've knit for myself--they make me happy during the cold, dark winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom watched the reruns to Murder She Wrote. She never remembered the killer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has used CBD oil before bed for about a year now and it works like a charm. If only it did something for his sleep apnea, but at least he goes to sleep and stays asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo wish I could smoke sometimes. lol I can't do it.. gah!
    A store like The Marine Salvage Store is where I got all my cool stuff back in the day. The jackets, the Foot lockers for camping, all of it... A to Z
    My hubster earned a Bachelor's degree, but he didn't finish a 3 credit -reading credit and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete