Monday, August 29, 2022

Now Tell Me That This Isn’t Something Right Out Of The Pages of “The Handmaiden Tale?”

I found this on a friend’s blog

Now Christians are targeting women who wear pants
This preacher exhorts men to toss their wives' pants in a fire because that's crossdressing.
LGBTQ Nation
By Bil Browning
August 24, 2022


The religious right has celebrated the overturn of Roe v. Wade, but their obsession with controlling women’s bodies knows no satisfaction.

Now a far-right preacher known for his vile rants about the LGBTQ community is calling for men to burn their wives’ pants because, he says, it’s just a form of crossdressing.

Brother Duncan Urbanek spread the love of God by using anti-gay slurs and encouraging men to destroy their spouses’ possessions. Urbanek is a member of the Stedfast Baptist Church, one of the most vicious anti-LGBTQ hate groups in the nation. Church leaders have called for the execution of gay men and publicly celebrated tragedies that killed members of the LGBTQ community.

“People want to get so riled up… Yeah! F*gs are an abomination. God hates ’em,” he begins. “Well, didn’t it just say if you’re a crossdresser, you’re an abomination too?”

“Now obviously it’s not as bad as being a fa***t,” he continued, “But God is still very upset with your sin.”

“No what should we do about that, knowing this as Christians? If you’re a woman and you own any pants, throw them away. Light them on fire. If you’re a man and your wife has pants, throw them away. And if she yells at you, so be it. Throw them away. That’s a good fight to be in.”

The Twitter post: Christian hate-preacher Duncan Urbanek condemns all pants-wearing women.

This is where we are heading...

Punished for Wearing Pants

Let's face it, the evangelical Christians and the Republicans want their all women in a dress, bare foot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is just too crazy!! So glad I don't go to a church like that. Our church says, come as you are. I wear pants all through the cold months. I wear shorts and dresses when it is warm. I had to wear dresses until I was in 9th grade and then they let us wear pants. I hated dresses as young girl. But I did have a parachute when I was jumping out of swings with the boys back in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost comical. But my laughing stops because I know there is no end to the right-wing religious nuts and their wishing to control in the name of their god. I would think from what I have read about religion that one's own salvation would be a full-time job. This is just one sideline of the Christian Nationalists movement that is gaining traction in this country. If any readers go to church please ask your pastor, rabbi, or whatever to speak out against this hate. Condemn it from the pulpit, in the street, at religious gatherings. Liberal religions must speak out. I can't remember that song by Holly Near, I think it was I'm not afraid of your god, but I am afraid of what you are doing in god's name. Good one to listen to. Thanks Diana and keep up the good fight. I am Richard Nelson and I agree with this statement.

    ReplyDelete