On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song tells the story of a man who has made a career in radio. How many professions have you worked in?
Not counting summer jobs (What are those? Summer jobs have went the way of the Edsel… not they call them “internship.”) and volunteer position, I only had one profession. Electronics.
2) He describes himself as "45 going on 15." This morning, do you feel older or younger than your years?
Older thanks to COVID. I basically hibernated and didn’t exercise.
3) He estimates that he's traveled thousands of miles, from town to city, as disc jockey at various stations. Have you ever relocated for a job?
Nope. For 28 years my job was only 4 miles away, the car never got warm in the winter.
4) This song is written as though he's reached out to an ex. Is there someone from your past who is on your mind this morning?
5) Tell us about a radio personality you grew up listening to.
Joey Reynolds and his The Purple People Eater club.
6) This week's featured artist, Harry Chapin, was an Oscar nominee. Before he became a musician, he wrote and directed a documentary about boxing called Legendary Champions. When you sit down to watch a movie, would you prefer action, comedy, drama, fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, thriller or documentary?
Nope, nope, nope… Science Fiction!
7) Today Harry Chapin is fondly remembered for his philanthropy. He filled his calendar with benefit concerts that supported local food banks all around the country. How would you like to be remembered?
As making the world a better place for everyone.
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, one of the top-selling toys was a Curious George book packaged with a plush Curious George. Can you recall a favorite book from your childhood?
Whoa! That is over sixty years ago! Probably a Dr. Seuss.
9) Random question: Here's $100. What will you spend it on?
With the price of lobster so high I could most likely could only buy one.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Yesterday I was at a 3 hour in-person meeting, I'm going to toot my horn a little bit.
At the meeting was the Chief State Attorney, the state's Chief Prosecutor, an appellate judge, lawyers, various professors, state Commissioners, the head of the state police, and a few "citizen" and we were meeting to hammer out the proposals on hate crimes that we are going to give the governor.
My two cents were "STOP calling them victims! Call them "targets!"