Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday 9: She's in Love with the Boy

Saturday 9: She's in Love with the Boy (1991)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song tells the story of Katie and Tommy. She waited for him to pull up in his beat-up Chevy truck. Tell us about your wheels.

I have a red 2017 Toyota Prius Prime with 68,000 miles and my mpg is 88 mpg!

2) Katie and Tommy stay out until 12:30 AM. What time did you go to bed last night?

Um… around 10 and I woke up at 3. Fell back to sleep around 5 after having breakfast and woke up around 8.

3) The lyrics tell us, "What's meant to be will always find a way." Do you agree?

No, because I don’t think anything is meant “to be.”

4) This was the first big hit for Trisha Yearwood. While she's found her greatest success in music, she's also written top-selling cookbooks. Are you a better singer or cook?

Cooking! Hands down.

5) Trisha also appeared in six episodes of the TV drama, JAG. She played a medical examiner and forensic pathologist, which means her character had a medical degree and (at least) one year of additional training. That's (at least) five extra years of higher education. Do you enjoy taking classes?

Yes. I was thinking about taking classes at a community college the classes are free for anyone over 65, you can audit the class.

6) In real life, Trisha earned a degree in Business Administration before going into music. She uses what she learned in school, keeping a close eye on her finances and those of her superstar husband, Garth Brooks. She says she likes and trusts the people hired to their money, "but I check on them." Do you keep a careful eye on where your money goes?

Yes, but I have had my broker since the 1980s but I still keep an eye on his work.

7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Dances with Wolves was a hit in the theaters. Have you seen it?

Yes, but only on TV, not on the big screen.

8) Also in 1991, Seinfeld was a big deal on the small screen. It's still popular in syndication on cable channels and on streaming services. Do you more often watch broadcast TV or streaming/on-demand channels?

I don’t watch much TV but when I do it is mostly the news or a PBS mystery. 

9) Random question: Have you ever gone a day without laughing?

99% of the time I don’t laugh, so the answer is yes.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of auditing a class. All the benefits of learning, but I wouldn't have to worry about the grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take classes when I retire. There's a robust seniors program that offers a ton of classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My broker is relatively new to me and he's not in touch like I think he should be. I'm a little investor, but if he treats a little investor poorly, then he won't have my money when/if I become a big investor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toyota makes the best cars! I love them. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete