Saturday, August 20, 2022

Saturday 9: Jack and Diane

 Saturday 9: Jack and Diane (1982)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The video for this song features lots of snapshots. Do you have many physical photo albums? Or do you store your pictures digitally?

Well up on the second floor I have all the old family pictures and I had been slowly digitizing them. Now I shoot only digital.

2) This song tells the story of "two American kids growing up in the heartland." Young Jack dreams of being a football star. When you were in high school, did you fantasize about stardom? If yes, what were you going to be famous for?

Nope. Maybe a famous scientist. 

3) Diane wears Bobbie Brooks slacks (at least briefly). Bobbie Brooks is a popular brand at Walmart. If you had a $50 gift card for Walmart, would you be more likely to use it toward groceries, clothes, household items, or electronics?

Hm… I don’t usually go to Walmart. Maybe clothes.

4) They go to the Tasty Freeze. If you were to run out for fast food right now, where would you go?

Probably a chicken sandwich from a fast food place.

5) When John Mellencamp made this record, he was known professionally as "John Cougar," a stage name suggested by his manager. He has said that adopting a stage name is something he regrets. Looking over your life, if you could take a "do over," what one thing would you like to do differently?

No, my history is what makes me, me.

6) Even though he suffered a heart attack, John Mellencamp continues to smoke, admitting that nicotine is something he simply can't kick. Do you have a habit you wish you could break?

Not really, but thinking about it, yes. I wish that I could get in the habit of exercise.

7) John's daughter Teddi was one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She went on to join the cast of Big Brother. Do you watch any reality shows?

Nope, I can’t stand them, but then I don’t usually watch anything except PBS.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, William Windsor was born. He's better known by his job title. Without looking it up, do you know who he is?

 I have no idea who he is.

9) Random question: What do you do when you can't sleep?

Um… Ah… Well... Um... smoke a bowl of pot. If that doesn’t work than an OTC sleeping pill.

7 comments:

  1. PBS has a lot of good shows! I like a variety of shows. Exercise is what I need too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 is so true. And #9--I have a friend with Parkinsons who swears that pot helps his tremors before he goes to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want my fairy godmother to come and deal with all my photos. It's a job I absolutely dread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take melatonin when I go to bed, but I don't even always fall asleep with that. pot is not legal here, but CBD oil relaxes me. I want to get some more. I think we are going to be voting for legalizing marijuana. I would vote for that because I know it helps a lot of people with pain. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take spurts with exercise. But then if something interrupts my rhythm, I have a difficult time getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Digital is wonderful. I had to scan all my old prints in though.. so it was onerous. lol You designed cars, so that really was an amazing career. :-) You had to deal with aerodynamics! I love cars so much.

    ReplyDelete