Sam’s Saturday 9: Thank U, Next (2018)
On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes?
You learn what worked by your successes and you learn also by your mistakes.
2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member?
Well I never watched it, it was past my bedtime. During the week I had to be at work at 7 AM.
3) Thinking of funny people ... As you can see from the video, Ariana performed "Thank U, Next" on Ellen Degeneres' talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile?
I’m a sourpuss
4) It looks like Ariana Grande's personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021?
Nope, my niece and nephews are all married and my grandnieces and grandnephews are still too young.
5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan?
I am a Harry Potter fan but not J.K. Rowling and I wouldn’t buy any of her books now.
6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn't crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan?
Most definitely yes but not the electronic or online version… you can’t cheat.
7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it?
Whoa… I don’t remember. All my grandnieces and grandnephews are too old for toys.
8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What's your favorite Aretha song?
Well I think that it is hands down Respect followed by You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman
9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie?
Probably during a movie because there are no weddings in the foreseeable future.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!