On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2021!
1) Look up from your screen. What's the first thing you see?
My living room.
2) Looking back on 2020, what surprised you?
That I made it!
3) Have you made any resolutions for 2021?
Yes, and I kept my 2020 New Year’s resolution. I made the same New Year’s resolution for this year...to make it to 2021.
4) In Italy, it's said that if you wear red underwear on New Year's Eve, you'll have good luck all year around. Do you have a lucky charm?
Nope, I don’t believe in charms
5) In Spain, some New Year's Eve revelers believe that, at the stroke of midnight, you should eat exactly 12 grapes, one at a time and one right after the other, to bring you luck for the next twelve months. Did you have anything special on your New Year's Eve menu?
Nope. My dinner was so uneventful that I don’t even remember what I had.
6) In this week's featured song, Foreigner lead singer Lou Gramm lets us know that he'd sail across a stormy sea to reach his true love. How is the weather where you are today? Are you kicking off 2021 under calm skies, or is it stormy?
We have rain this morning but it supposed to stop by noon and the sun come out, and the high is to be in the mid-fifties.
7) In the 1990s, Gramm joined forces with Billy Joel in a series of concerts to preserve the Montauk Point Lighthouse. Do you have a favorite Billy Joel song?
Yes, and I have posted them here in my blog. One of my favorite is the River of Dreams.
8) In 1977, when this song was popular, Star Wars was breaking all box office records. The Spy Who Loved Me, a James Bond movie, was also a hit. If you were going to binge on one of these film series, would you choose Star Wars or Bond?
Oh, I am not a fan of binge watching but if I had to pick I would pick Star Wars because I haven’t seen any sine the first one.
9) Random question: Would you rather have nothing but green lights for all of 2021, or never have to stand in line for anything all year?
Green light… I had enough of caution lights last year.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!