On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Sorry about last weekend and not replying to your comments. As many of you know a couple of weeks ago my waterbed caught fire, well I have been sleeping on one of those inflatable beds and guess what it went “POP” in the night so I ended up sleeping on the couch and shopping for a new bed. Well I got a brand new waterbed! I also got a GFIC for the outlet.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Moonlighting was an award-winning comedy-drama that ran from 1985 to 1989. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?
No, I didn’t watch that much TV back then but I did like Cybill Shepherd
2) The series revolved around The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Los Angeles. There have been countless TV shows and movies about detectives and their cases, yet Crazy Sam doesn't know anyone who has ever hired a private investigator. How about you? Have you ever had anything or anyone investigated?
No but I was investigated back in 1990.
I had a private instigator “stacking” me out and he was very obvious. Here was this battered old blue car parked a couple houses away from my parent’s house where I was living at the time and the same battered old blue car parked a couple of houses away from where I building my house… hmm. There he was again when I went grocery shopping… very suspicious! *
3) The agency was named Blue Moon because one of the owners, Maddie Hayes, was a model known as The Blue Moon Girl, famous for promoting Blue Moon Shampoo. If we were to rename their detective agency based on the shampoo you most recently used, what would it be called?
The “Woolite Girl Private Eye”
Hey you got to have hair in order to wash it! I just take my wig and throw it in the sink with some Woolite, then rinse it out.
4) Cybill Shepherd played Maddie Hayes. Cybill believes we can all find romance many times and said she considers the concept of one true love as "dramatic treacle." Do you agree?
Yes. I think love is like lightning you never know where and when it will strike.
5) David Addison was played by Bruce Willis. At the beginning of his career he couldn't support himself as an actor and held down part-time jobs as a security guard, shuttle bus driver and bartender. How many different occupations have you had?
Not counting high school and college jobs… 3.
My first job out of college lasted for two years until they went bankrupt (I learned from that job that the employees get paid after the creditors).
My second job lasted three years and when my boss left I gave him my resume.
My third and last job for 28 years (through five different owners until the last one closed the company).
6) The Moonlighting theme was co-written and performed by Al Jarreau. While in college, Al planned on being a career counselor. Yet once he began performing with a jazz trio, he knew that music was where his heart was. Tell us about a time you found joy from an unexpected source.
Well after they closed the company they gave us money to be retrained (our jobs went overseas so we qualified for federal funds) and I got my Master’s in Social Work… best move I ever made.
7) Moonlighting was created by Glenn Gordon Caron. ABC gave him the opportunity based on his work on Remington Steele and Taxi. Of these three shows -- Moonlighting, Remington Steele and Taxi -- which would you prefer to binge watch?
Taxi… now that was a funny show.
8) In 1985, the year Moonlighting premiered, Coca Cola introduced The New Coke. It was not successful and disappeared from store shelves quickly. What's the most recent beverage you drank?
Ice tea. Well besides water.
9) Random question -- Each day, do you put more time into improving your mind or your appearance?
My mind… I read a lot articles on the web. History and science articles mainly/
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend.
*Okay I confess!
I needed a security background check for a job we had at work that was classified and if I tell you… well you know how that goes. But I can tell you it was covered under 10 CFR Part 21
But the job was really neat and I’m glad I got to work on it.