Sam’s Saturday 9: I See Love (2010)
On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan?
Never even heard of it… sorry.
2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she's one of Hollywood's best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn't have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never?
I visit an ATM about once a month.
3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn't afford blueberries and avocados. Now she savors them. When you're a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on?
No surprise there
4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on "open mic night." A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move.
They pushed me toward my MSW best advice I ever received.
5) On the show, Mike's best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good?
Well that’s a long story.
Around 40. After college I lived at my parents house but… you know there is always a “but.” That was the year my father retired, every winter they went down to Florida and then in the summer up to their cottage in New Hampshire, so I maintained their home in town stayed only for about two months out of the year.
6) Mike's and Molly's mothers are different as night and day and frequently did not get along. Have you ever had in-law trouble?
Nope! Never married.
7) This week's song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works -- electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar?
I wish that I could but I can’t hold a beat.
8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet?
Yes, a Samsung tablet and it my second tablet.
9) This week's random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What's something you do better than most people?
I don’t know how about wiggle my ears and nose but I am out of pratice.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!