On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Whew… this week is just about over! Can we get a “do-over” on 2020 or just jump to 2021? (You can read about Tropical Storm Isaias here)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Mad About You was a sitcom that ran from 1992 to 1999. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan? Nope, I never watched it.
2) The show was rebooted in 2019/2020 on the Spectrum streaming service. Do you have any streaming services? If so, which ones? I just have Amazon Prime
3) The series revolved around Manhattan newlyweds Paul and Jamie Buchman. They met at a newsstand, where they were both purchasing The New York Times. With so many publications online, newsstands are now uncommon. When you want to purchase a printed newspaper or magazine, where do you go? Um… I have purchase an actual newspaper or magazine in a decade. I used to have the newspaper delivered to my house but I was reading it online before it was even delivered.
4) Paul is played by Paul Reiser. He created the series because he believes marriage is a tough but satisfying adventure. He and real-life wife Paula have been married for more than 30 years. They met when she was a waitress at the comedy club where he was performing. Have you ever waited tables? Nope… next question.
5) Helen Hunt won four Emmy Awards as Jamie. Over 10 million people watch the Emmys each year. She also won an Oscar, which has an annual viewership of twice that. Therefore huge audiences witnessed Helen's acceptance speeches. Are you comfortable speaking in public? Um… yes.
Last year Women’s March on Hartford.
6) During the opening credits, Paul and Jamie are sharing an ice cream bar. When did you most recently have ice cream? Wednesday night.
7) Paul and Jamie's best friends were another couple, Fran and Mark. Eventually Fran and Mark divorced, and Paul and Jamie worked at being friends with both of them. Have you been friends with a couple who split? Did you manage to stay friends with both of them? No. Actually all but one has stayed married.
8) In 1992, when Paul and Jamie were playing New Yorkers, real New Yorkers were following the trial of mobster John Gotti. Mr. Gotti acquired many nicknames, including The Teflon Don, The Dapper Don and Black John. Is there anyone in your life that you call by a pet name or nickname? Yeah, the guy who lived on the street behind where my parents used to call me Einstein but he is now in jail for killing seven people in a robbery.
9) Random question -- What subject do you wish you knew more about? Everything.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend.
Anyone else who is using Blogger do not like the new interface?
I normally write my blog in word and cut & paste it. But now that comes out all crazily formatted/