Saturday, March 14, 2020

Saturday 9: I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen

Sam’s Saturday 9: I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen (1975)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Apologies for not replying to last week’s comments, but life got in the way. I got invited to a cookout last weekend and well…



Chosen because St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday.

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is widely considered a traditional Irish ballad. Are you of Irish descent?
Ha! I’m fifty percent Italian with a little Austrian, Germany, and British thrown in to the mix.

2) It's a song from a groom to his homesick bride. Who did you most recently serenade? (Yes, "Happy Birthday" counts.)
Someone from where I volunteer.

3) Kathleen considers "home" her mother's cottage. How about you? Is "home" where you live now, or is it where you grew up?
Yes.
It is where I live now and it is only a mile from where I grew up.

4) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland, and to this day the Irish report there are no snakes on their land. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia?
I don’t have a phobia about snakes but I don’t like them.
Every once in a while I find a copperhead sunning itself on my front sidewalk.

5) Irish Americans held the first St. Patrick's Day parade on our shores in New York City in 1766. Does your town host a St. Patrick's Day parade?
Nope, and the St. Patrick's Day parades in the state have been canceled.

6) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you more often wear silver or gold?
Neither, I don’t wear that much jewelry.

7) The signature color of St. Patrick's Day is green. Will you wear green next Tuesday?
Naw, I think I might just wear orange to liven things up.

8) This week's featured artist, Elvis, was the idol of millions. But not the Songfellows. In the early 1950s, a young Elvis auditioned for this gospel group and they refused him. Just as well, as the King of Rock 'n Roll did rather well for himself as a solo. Like Elvis, did you ever interview for a job that you didn't get?
A few but in the past I usually heard about a job opening. The job that I had for 28 years I got when my boss at the old job left and I gave him my resume.

9) Random question: Do you believe women are more emotional than men?
Nope. I think that it is just a generalization.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you do wear orange! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so scared of snakes. I do think it is a phobia for me and not just dislike. I have even had nightmares about the nasty things. I know some of them are good too and I really try to remember that.
    I love that you are going to wear orange. I may wear green, but I will probably wear black. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete