Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine

Sam’s Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?
Nope, it is 9:30 AM here as I write this.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?
Kleenex
And they are used… Eww!

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?
I haven’t been there since I graduated from high school. One I was very little (ten or under) we went all  the way to Key West. I have been the whole length of US 1 from Key West to Fort Kent, Maine. One year we drove south along US 1 and the next summer we went north up in Canada.
The last time that I was in Florida was in my Junior year in high school; my father had a conference at Cape Kennedy and I went with them and had a VIP tour of the space center.

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?
Yes, and nope, yes I had my ears pierced and I woke up about a half hour ago.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?
Yes, all of them in 2017 it was our 50th Reunion and then we had a get-together for our 70th Birthday party.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?
I am gifted with a couple of “big hearted” friends.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?
Nope… no pets

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?
Yes, in grad school.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?
Bills.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got a VIP tour of the space center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My big hearted friends inspire me to be bigger hearted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome you got to your class reunions. I just have no desire. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cats and dogs. But I'll never do a pet again. Too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My class simply doesn't have reunions. We were lucky to get the 30th together. Bunch of slackers, I guess.

    ReplyDelete