Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Neon Gods

I am down in the dumps, three weeks of drab, dreary, drizzly days have taken the toll on me and then I read these headline and I sink deeper into my gloom.

Headline like these…

He doesn’t care about anything except himself… if there is a buck to be made damn the environment, be damned those needing food assistance, and he doesn’t care about laws. He is an evil person.

I see all these right-wing “Evangelical Christians” worshiping him as a god. At the National Prayer service he makes a mockery of it and turns in to an attack on his “enemies” hit list. While the “Evangelical Christians” cheer him on.

I watched clips of him at his rallies and it reminds me of Hitler the way the crowds worship him.

He makes fun of the disabled… and his supporters cheer him on.

His extramarital affairs and the young girls he drools over… the cult ignores it.

The profanity laced speeches the news media cuts out and only lets their viewers see the sanitized version.

The extortion of foreign governments his party bends over backward in fear of his wrath.

The Republicans now support the Russian oligarchy as a friend.

And then I see the polls… 49% of the voters polled support him… their neon god.


I look forward to spring when I can shake off gloom and doom.

1 comment:

  1. I admit its very disheartening Diana and the fact that this evil buffoon is supported by so many makes it even more so. As a Canadian who is befuddled by this phenomenon I cannot help but feel that your country will need a lot of years to repair the damage he caused in just one term. I can scarcely imagine what a second will do. Don't want to even try and imagine...

    ReplyDelete