Saturday, September 08, 2018

Saturday 9: Gotta Travel On

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Gotta Travel On (1959)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, the Billy Grammer sings that "summer's almost gone, winter's coming on." When you look out your window, do you see any evidence that the seasons are changing?
Nope. Everything is still green.

2) He admits he has laid around and played around for too long. Do you consider lazy days to be wasted days?
Nope, especially if you are retired.

3) Billy relaxed by fishing. Tell us about a visit you made to a pier, or a ride you took on a boat, this past year. (Bonus points if you went fishing!)
No fishing but…
I visited a pier last week in Wellfleet MA when I bought some seafood.
The last boat trip was on Lake George when we spread my cousin’s ashes,

4) Born in 1925, Mr. Grammer was the eldest of 13 children. He and his wife Ruth were childless. What do you think is the ideal size for a family?
4.5 including the dog Spot.

5) This song was very popular on juke boxes back in 1959. When were you last in a bar or restaurant that had a juke box? Did you play it?
I don’t think I ever dropped money in a jukebox.

6) In 1959, movie tickets zoomed up in price to $1.00 and Ben Hur was the big blockbuster. What's the last movie you saw in a theater? Do you remember how much the ticket cost?
It was 6 years ago and it wasn’t that much because it was a senior matinee and we saw…


7) Huckleberry Hound was a hit with the younger audience in 1959. What cartoon did you enjoy as a kid?
The Disney Cartoons that were on the Mickey Mouse Club.

8) In 1959, continuing dramas (soap operas) were still broadcast each day on the radio. When you turn on the radio, do you listen for talk, news, or music?
If you count Sirius XM than the answer is music but if you mean AM/FM it is the news, WBZ to listen to the traffic condition and the news while driving up and back from the Cape 

9) Random question -- Which competition would you rather judge: The Pillsbury Bake Off, The Miss America Pageant, or Dancing with the Stars?
The Pillsbury Bake Off… actually I would rather like to judge the “The Great British Baking Show”

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



I will be away all day at Hartford Pride.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, the traffic and the weather! Here in Chicago we used to have a dj who rebelled against having to read those reports every 10 minutes during the evening rush. So instead of saying, "Traffic on the 7s" (meaning :07, :17, :27, :37, :47; :57) he said, "I give you traffic on all 4s." And yes, I laughed each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does depend on what is going on what I am listening to on the radio. I enjoyed your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh--the British baking shows are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being retired means you actually work harder, so yes, lazy days are terrific boons!
    Isn't the Great British Bake off fun?! I love it!
    And your perfect family size is, well, Perfect! Have a great weekend, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starting to think my little corner of the US is the only one with changing leaves. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about counting the dogs. I do feed them so it makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the old Disney cartoons, too. The new ones just don't have the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had fun at pride. I forgot all about it. Either I am getting old or I don't care about such things anymore.

    ReplyDelete