Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday 9: So Into You

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: So Into You (1977)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The singer says that he noticed the lady in question as soon as she walked into the room. Tell us about someone who made a powerful first impression on you.
A trans woman who has a post PhD from Harvard and her professor was a Nobel Prize winner and clients were the Fortune 50 (not 500), however she could find a job after she transitioned. She programmed chemical reactions.

2) He sings that he's so into her, he can't think about other, more mundane things. Do you find you get easily distracted from your daily tasks? Or do you enjoy seeing your everyday chores through completion?
I get very distracted, I think I have some form of ADHD.

3) The band took their name from Georgia's biggest city. Have you ever been to Atlanta?
In passing through, since there is a major airline hub there.

4) The Atlanta Rhythm Section once played the White House. President Carter's son, Chip, was a big fan and invited them to play at his 28th birthday party. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
With my brother and sister-in-law and also some friends took my out to dinner.
P.S. I start my seventh decade next week.

5) Studio One, where the band made all their recordings, was torn down and replaced by a parking lot. Can you think of a structure that you missed, after it met with a wrecking ball?
The train station in town that was built in 1900 burned down

6) This song hit #7 on the US pop charts. 7 is the number most often chosen as "a lucky number." How about you? Do you have a lucky number?
Nope.
Right now I am sitting just off of Rt. 6, it begins a few miles from me and ends in Bishop California (I do not know why California moved the end from Long Beach to Bishop).

7) Today the Atlanta Rhythm Section reunites with to play at classic rock concerts. What oldies band would you love to see again?
The Eagles.

8) In 1977, the star of NBC's Chico and the Man, Freddie Prinze, took his own life. Is there a celebrity death you found shocking?
No celebrities, but I knew three people who also took their own lives, know of another three who tried, and one who was murdered.

9) Random question: What word do you always misspell?
Bearue
Beurae
Um… bueare
Oh heck… bureau. Thank goodness for spellchecker
My grammar and spelling has greatly improved because of the blog and because of the word processor. I still have problems with missing words and using the wrong words as a result of my dyslexia but what a difference from when I started writing my blog in 2000 and now.

~~~~

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. #1 -- I can see why you were impressed!

    #8 -- That is so very sad.

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, my cousin committed suicide. That was another shocker. There are just so many answers to that question. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember traveling through ATL on my way to San Diego. It was like a 2 mile 'run' in that airport to find my gate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...another Eagles fan! Maybe they'd do a concert just for all of us. lol
    Happy Birthday to you a bit early since I will be away next weekend and probably won't be doing the Saturday 9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Eagles fan. And happy early birthday! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete