Sunday, September 09, 2018

I Just Don’t Understand…

...How anyone who is LGBTQ could be or vote Republicans… Well I guess I know of one reason… money.
Rainbow Wave In Connecticut: GOP Fields 6 LGBTQ Candidates For Legislature In General Election
Hartford Courant
By Daniela Altimari
September 7, 2018

Shortly after Ken Richards announced he was running for state representative, the 35-year-old gay Republican from Groton had an unsettling encounter with an old friend.

“He literally said to me, ‘I can't believe as a homosexual man you’re going to run for a party and then vote to take your own rights away,’’’ said Richards, the married father of a 4-year-old son and the foster parent of an infant. “I have some socially progressive LGBT friends who say there is no way I should do this.”

Richards is one of six openly gay Republicans running this year for seats in the General Assembly, a record for a party that currently has no openly gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender legislators.

For LGBTQ candidates whose mere presence on the ballot signals inclusivity, running under the Republican banner in the age of President Donald Trump requires some complicated calculations.
[...]
Richards also acknowledges some discomfort with Trump: “I'll be honest with you, I really think someone needs to take his phone away. He tweets way too much.”
Well yeah, I can imagine that you have “some discomfort: with the guy.

He and his party wants to allow businesses to fire you; he and his party wants to let stores not serve you, he and his party wants to let landlords kick you out of your apartment,  and he and his party wants to do away with your marriage, so yes I can imagine your discomfort.

Some answers to why they are Republicans and support Trump can be found in this statement,
But like Fay, Richards, the administrator of an ambulance company who is married to a submariner, supports Trump’s economic agenda. “Some of the policies are starting to work for me and my husband,’’ he said. “When I look at our retirement plan, we’ve never made this much money.’’
Cha cling…

The LGBT Republicans running in Connecticut say they do not believe Trump — or anyone else — will invalidate same-sex marriage after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that barring such unions is unconstitutional.
Marriage, marriage, marriage… it is a lot more than marriage. Its jobs! Its housing! Its medical care!
Klarides, who has long championed gay rights, said same-sex marriage has been settled law in Connecticut since the state Supreme Court ruled on it almost a decade ago and there’s no willingness among Republicans leaders to change that. “I believe people should be able to love who they want to love and if they want to join in a union that is their right,’’ she said.
Tell me is if she advocated for more than marriage?

I will tell you this she voted against us on HB 6599 An Act Concerning Discrimination!

What drives these candidates and the LGBT voters who vote for them?

Well I can’t prove it but I think its greed.

I think if this was about the old time Republican/Democratic issues of big government v. smaller government I wouldn’t have a problem with those LGBT people who vote Republican but times have changed.

But the new Republican Party is a vindictive, hateful party of white supremacists and conservative religious zealots. It is party that is run by oligarch with fascists’ leanings.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines fascist as…
1: often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.


No comments:

Post a Comment