Friday, June 22, 2018

The Pass

Okay not any of those type of pass but rather a beach pass.

Today you need a beach pass or a guest pass to park at a town beach so this is the tale of the beach pass as an out trans woman.

Yesterday I googled the address and it showed that the office was on the town pier… wrong. It was at the other end the pier I know because I had to ask the Harbor Master where do you get beach pass? He directed me to a building way down at end the end if the pier.

So I’m standing in line reading the sign that says what you need to get a beach pass… the car registration! So back to the car to get the registration.

Get back in line again… the back of the line of course.

I get to the desk and give them all my paperwork and they type away on the computer… my information wasn’t there!

So she says sorry I can’t give you a beach pass until the computer is updated or you have proof of ownership. I grinned and handed her the property deed. Just then I assume her boss came over and they started talking… Uh Oh! I’m thinking is this going to a problem?

It turns not. She showed how to find me… the only thing I wasn’t there. So that resulted in a call to the Assessor’s office. The boss is typing away while she talks on the phone to the Assessor’s office… I found him… her. She’s under the previous owner… “Why do they do that, it doesn’t make sense.” She then showed the other woman how to enter me into the computer.

At the end she apologized for taking so long. I said no problem we all work will computers and had to figure something out.

Also today I am waiting for the furniture delivery people to show up and assemble bunk beds.

P.S. I don't mean to disparage anyone. This is just the way it is. Google maps was off, and I didn't read the web page about what to bring.



Massachusetts has a ballot initiative to remove our protection in public accommodations this November there are many ways to help defeat the question and one way is to be just out there in public.

If you live in Massachusetts please help!

You can simply do it be talking to your neighbors and speaking up when you hear negative comments. You can do it by writing letters-to-the-editor.

And if you are an ally your voice is doubly important… you speak from the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment