Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday 9 Cat's in the Cradle

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9 Cat's in the Cradle (1974)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) This song began as a poem, written by Harry's wife Sandy before the couple even met. Have you ever tried your hand at writing poetry?
Yes, you can read them here. I wrote them when I was starting to think about transitioning with all the stress that it demands.

2) The lyrics include a reference to "The Man in the Moon." The original Mother Goose rhyme ends: "It's time for the children on earth to think about getting to bed." Do you remember what time your childhood bedtime was?
Naw, that was over 65 years ago.

3)  When did you go to bed last night?
Around nine, but then I woke up a little after 3 AM.

4) In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson signed the proclamation that made Father's Day a holiday on the third Sunday in June. Can you name all 45 Presidents? (No, you don't have to list them here.)
Nope, no way and especially not in order.

5) Since Sam's father is particular about his Cole Haan loafers, her Father's Day present to him is always a DSW gift card. Who on your gift list is especially easy to buy for?
I don’t have a gift list, we do a Yankee Swap

6) Sam's father is a voracious reader. So much so that the local librarian knows him on sight and by name. When did you last visit your neighborhood library?
A couple of months ago to get a DVD

7) Back when Sam was in high school, her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver?
Not recently, my cataract made it hard to drive at night, especially a rainy night.

8) He is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to check her car's air filter regularly, because a dirty air filter can reduce mileage. Share your own car maintenance tip.
When the idiot light lights for maintenance, I call the dealer and make an appointment. I have a Toyota Prime and the only maintenance that it needs is tire rotation every 5,000 miles and an oil change every 10,000. My last Prius went 125,000 miles and that was the only maintenance done except for changing the sparkplugs at 100,000. It didn’t even need a brake job when I traded it in.

9) Whenever he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: LifeSavers. So Sam is celebrating Father's Day by giving everyone a roll. Would you prefer Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint?
Well wild cherry taste like cough drops, winter green and peppermint are too common so I will go with butter rum.

6 comments:

  1. I have a Camry and I love my Toyotas. I've never had much trouble out of them at all, except the last one had some weird issue happen with the door locks. It was time to trade it in anyway. I always keep one about 10 years before I get the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Yankee Swaps are a lot more fun than anything else when grown up families get together. Also, I just read your Quotes in the side bar. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a Toyota fan until my son started working for them. I've had a RAV4 and a Camry and I have plans to go back to a RAV next. I will give them that they just go and go and go with little maintenance required to keeping them running great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your poetry. I checked it out and it gives us a compelling window into your journey.

    You're right about wild cherry tasting like cough drops. I used to love Smith Bros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was up at 3 am too. I blame it on the dogs although, I am a really early riser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your eye surgery proves to be successful!

    ReplyDelete