Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday 9: Mr. Boombastic

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Mr. Boombastic (1995)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun...
This is the first weekend in over a month that I have been home. 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a rather shameless come-on by an accomplished ladies' man. Do you enjoy flirting? 
I am too serious to flirt

2) Shaggy sings that he's like a turtle coming out of his shell. Do you think turtles, snakes and lizards make good pets? Or would you prefer a companion animal that has fur or feathers?
No, I don’t think turtles, snakes and lizards, especially snakes make good pets. I college a student had a boa constrictor, he used to look for ads for free kittens or puppies to feed the snake and I thought that was gross.
I prefer dogs for pets, cats are too independent.

3) He also sings that if you don't feel like driving, you should hand him the keys. Are you comfortable letting others drive your car?
It depends on who I let drive it.

4) He tries to woo the girl with the promise of a bubble bath. Do you enjoy relaxing in the tub? Or do you view baths and showers as simply part of your hygiene routine, like brushing your teeth?  
Yes, I enjoy relaxing to in a nice bubble bath.

5) Born Orville Burrell, Shaggy took his stage name from his shaggy hair. Using your hair as inspiration, what would your stage name be?
First you got to have hair.

6) Sam admits she hadn't thought about this 20+ year old song in years, until she heard it on a Chase Bank commercial. According to the Federal Reserve Bank, checkwriting dropped more than 50% between 2000 and 2010. Who received the last check you wrote?
The guy who does my lawn.

7)  Which would you prefer to receive in a birthday card: a $25 check or a $20 Target gift card?
Either one is fine.

8) Sam's mother refuses to pay bills online. All the news stories about data breaches scare her. Have you ever been hacked? If so, did it take long to get the situation resolved?
Me personally, yes I have. Someone hacked my website and added a secret forum. Also one of the places that I shop at online was hacked and they gave me a year of free protection. I use one card for online purchases so if the site is hacked it only affects one card.

9) In 1995, when this song was popular, Michael Jordan "unretired" and returned to the Chicago Bulls. Tell us about a decision you made that you wish you could undo.
Naw, it will bring up old wounds.

4 comments:

  1. Your answer to #2 reminds me of when I volunteered at a major city animal shelter. People used to ask me all the time why the adoption fee was so high. Much of the cost went to vaccinations and kibble. But part of it was to discourage the behavior you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I was always too serious to be a good flirt too. I'd probably suck at poker as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like reptilian pets, either--and you're reason is added to my list! Ewwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A secret forum! Gosh. That sounds like something out of a novel.

    ReplyDelete