Saturday, November 03, 2012

Saturday 9: Key Largo

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Key Largo



1) This song was inspired by the Bogart/Bacall movie of the same name. Do you have a favorite Humphrey Bogart film? Which one?
I have to say “The Big Sleep” because I think Bogart makes a great detective.

2) Where do you rent movies? (Netflix, Redbox, OnDemand, etc.)
I have a subscription to Netflix on-line but I am disappointed in it, they don’t have any movies that I want to see like “North by Northwest.” Does anyone have Amazon Prime?

3) Have you ever been to the Florida Keys?
Yes, but I was knee high a grasshopper then. I have a number of friends that have moved to Florida. I was thinking about mooching off of them for a week or two this winter and talking them into going down to Key West.

4) According to government statistics, more than half the people who currently live in Florida were born in another state. Were you born in the state where you currently live?
Yes.

5) To be honest, Crazy Sam really hates this week's featured song. (Hear it here.) Do you like it? Loathe it? Or are you unfamiliar with it?
I never heard it, but it is not bad.

6) Local authorities in a suburb of Sydney blasted Barry Manilow songs into a neighborhood park to keep "hooligans" away after dark. Is there an artist or song that would make you run in the other direction?
Yes, most definitely.

7) Two of the most common fears are going to the dentist and speaking in public. Does either of those really get under your skin?
Nope, I speak in public all the time (see answer #9) and when I go to the dentist he gives me Novocain so I don’t have a care in the world… that is until it wears off.

8) We're having burgers. What do you want on yours?
Well it must have cheese of some type, maybe blue cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and mayo. However, I don’t want the roll… too many carbs.

9) Here's your chance to do a shameless plug -- What charity or cause do you wish got more support?
True Colors – a family and youth service agency for LGBT families. I did my internship for my MSW there and I have known them for many, many years. I also have giving workshops at the annual conference (which is the largest LBGT youth conference in the world, over 3000 attendees come for the two day conference. Some of them come from Maine, North Carolina and Michigan.) and I hope that I will be giving another workshop at their conference in March on how to write a school diversity policy.

7 comments:

  1. When I hear the phrase "True Colors," I think of the Cyndi Lauper song. I just saw Kinky Boots, the show she wrote all the lyrics and music for, in its world premiere engagement and it is all about recognizing and accepting one another for who we are. I applaud your work with this worthy organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cause in #9! :D

    I have Amazon Prime... questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I really admire your activism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only problem with Amazon prime is that you can download movies that I pay for to my Tivo, but not the free ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed by people who can speak in front of crowds. My mind goes blank even though I talk on the phone for a living.

    Gal - I saw the Kinky Boots movie on Netflix ages ago. I had no idea about the musical. How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what LBGT is. That's a might big sandwich you are building too.

    Happy Saturday
    http://heartsmakefamilies.com/2012/11/burn-it-to-the-ground-would-deter-hooligans/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love North By Northwest. I do have it on DVD but, it's been on OnDemand before. I hate when I find something on Netflix only to see that they want me to pay for it. A lot of the time Youtube will have it for free.

    ReplyDelete