Thursday, July 05, 2012

Fourth of July Party

Yesterday I went to the party that I wrote about yesterday. I always have mixed feelings about the party, there is always that doubt in my mind about some of the attendees acceptance. Some are perfectly comfortable with me, while others I don’t know, some used male pronouns and other called me by my old name. I never know what to think are they doing it on purpose or is it just a slip of the tongue. Some have known me since the early seventies and only see me occasionally, so I can imagine that it might be a slip-up.

Another thing, almost everyone there is married so they talked about their kids and the trips that they went on and I feel left out. They are “We did this…” while for me it is “I did this…” The guys were talking cars and motorcycles and the women were talking about their kids, so I didn’t fit-in in either discussion.

But I do like to go because I see many old friends at the party.

(The photo is from last night's fireworks at their house)

No comments:

Post a Comment