Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It Has Been A Long Day!

Today started off with a 9:30 meeting at the UConn West Hartford campus with another student who wanted some information on the Pride organization at school. Then I drove up to the main campus at Storrs to give my lecture on Transgender Activism and after that I drove down to West Haven for a meeting with the LGBT Leadership Council. Total mileage, 175 miles.

I thought that my presentation went horrible, but everyone else said that it was great. I guess I have to wait until the class evaluation are analyzed. The professor thought that the presentation was very good and she invited me back for next year. In addition, the school newspaper reporter was there and he was taking pictures of my presentation, the professor joked that I will be on the front page tomorrow. I hope not.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day with an 8:30AM class and a panel discussion at UConn Health Center at noon until 3:00. I then have to start packing for a trip up to Lake George NY for my nephew’s wedding this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Phew--the big presentation is over! I'm sure it wasn't horrible, we are always our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they loved you so take it and run with it lol. Front page I want the front page of any newspaper. Sounds like you have great passion and having that is a great trait. I think what you do is wonderful and please remember to never use the word ummm. There's a story behind that.

    Feel free to stop by.

    ReplyDelete