Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Holiday Cheer
1. Does the holiday season stress you out? If yes, how do you cope?
Yes, I need time to decompress afterwards. Having 17 people (of which there are 4 kids under 7 and 2 teenagers) in a small house for two days is too much for me, I need quiet time, so this year I am sleeping at a motel.
2. Are you ever so busy in December that you have to force yourself to chill?
This year is especially busy, not only did I have to finish classes and buy Christmas presents for the kids. I am also working on trying to past legislation and I have a couple of meetings a week in all parts of the state.
3. Do you sleep well at this time of year?
No, I toss and turn all night long. Today because of the snowstorm, I curled up in front of the woodstove, read, surfed the web, napped, read, surfed the web (Hence the reason why I am one of the first responders on this meme.)… Somehow, I do not think that I am going to sleep well tonight.
4. Have you ever taken a sleigh ride? If yes, tell us about it.
No, never did. It is something I would like to try though.
5. Do you live close to the parts of your family you spend the holidays with?
No, they are spread all over the northeast and one nephew is out in San Francisco with his girlfriend. For Christmas, I am going down to New Jersey.
6. What will you have for Christmas dinner?
I have no idea; all I know is that I am supposed to bring the Rum.
7. Do you diet after the holidays?
8. What’s the best part of the season for you?
Getting a few days off from work.
9. How many generations of your family get together during the holidays?