Sunday, July 13, 2008

Manic Monday

Lisa’s Manic Monday #125

What do you do when you are feeling very sad or depressed?
You mean like right now… because when I went to get a pizza the whole kitchen staff found a reason to come out and look at me.
I have a support network of family and friends that I can call on and talk if it is really bad. Otherwise my defensive weapon is to think about how small of a mind a bigot has, that the only way that can feel important is by putting someone else down.

Who was your first crush?

A girl in my class that lived on the street in back of us and to show you how small a town that I live in; her son bought my parent’s house.

If given a chance to skip work for a day (without repercussions), how would you spend the entire day?
I do not have to worry about that since I am retired. But if I was still working, I would take a daycation to Newport RI and have dinner at Aunt Carrie’s in Point Judith RI. Which by the way, I just sent out an email to my retired friends asking if they want to go there this week or next.

6 comments:

  1. i hope youre plans of going there push through.

    here are my answers! hope you can take a peek! happy monday!


    milet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daycation, I like that! I hope your group does get together, that sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG--I started my answer to the first question the EXACT same way you did! How weird is that?

    Bigots suck. Daycations, however--to paraphrase my son--make everything better. (he says that about hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry about what happened to you. It must be very hard sometimes...

    Bigotry will never disappear. I guess all we can do is try not to be too affected by it, but I totally see how you must feel... and it makes me sad.

    Thanks for dropping by. Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had to go through that...wtf is wrong with people?

    Aunt Carrie's sounds awesome...maybe a day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing at the small town thing. It's so true!

    ReplyDelete