Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Back Up To The Cottage

I am going up to the family cottage in NH for the Fourth of July weekend tomorrow. I am not going to be doing any work there this weekend; I am going up with some friends. There is a time for work and there is a time to play, I just hope that the weather cooperates.
I am coming home Saturday morning in order to go to a picnic, it is a special picnic for me, and it will be the first time that I have gone as Diana. I have known the husband since first grade, I was in their wedding party and I have known most of the other party attendees since the seventies. I am very nervous about attending the party.

It is one thing to meet a bunch of strangers who only know me as Diana, but it is entirely different to meet people who have knew me as Don and I think it is harder for them also. I think that it is harder for them to “Get their head around it” when for over forty years they knew me as Don and now they have to get use to calling me Diana. It is also hard for me because for some reason I feel that I have to justify myself, I know that I don’t have to prove myself but it just feels that way. It is hard to explain because of all the emotions running through me right now, it is hard to sort them out. I will let you know how it works out on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of good vibes for a not-so-uncomfortable weekend. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di,
    Anybody going with you for support? need somebody?
    Luvs,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete