Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

Whew! It over and now I get to relax.
I got home last night after a long chaotic day with four kids and ten adults all crammed into the cottage. It was bitter cold outside keeping the kids inside, but the guys did hike up to the top of the mountain (A mountain by New England standards: elv.= 2740 about a 1000ft. raise from the lake.) on Saturday. With way too much food (but that is what Thanksgiving is all about.), catching up on family lives, with the dogs come out of nowhere when some food lands on the floor and the kids running around with their hide and seek games, peeking out from under the table
I did have a good time, it was nice to be with the family and I managed to keep my weight gain down to two pounds.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful. Did you have snow too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we didn't have any snow. But the puddles from the rain during the day froze over night and everything had a coating of ice on it.

    ReplyDelete