Friday, November 16, 2007

Off On Another Great Adventure. – Part 2

I just got an email from the Power Summit; I am not too keen on some of the workshops they have listed. One of the workshops that we have to do is go door to door to talk to people about “Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act” (GENDA) and the other workshop is on phone banks. I have had enough of phone banks when I worked for the Lamont campaign, long enough to know that I do not want to do that again and I don’t even want to think about going door to door.
According to the instructions; we have to come up with a list of 50 names to call on Thursday night. I do not know 50 people who I could list or if I would want to impose on them. You all know how I hate to tag somebody with memes; well it is even more pronounced with phoning. I hate to call someone unannounced, I would much rather email them. My cell phone is also pay as you take at a rate of 30 cents a minute and if each is three minutes that will be $45, no thanks.
As for going door to door, I can just see them now when a 6ft tranny is knocking at heir door, yeah right!
I still think it will be good to go to the conference; I might go door to door but no way am I going to call.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how calling would get expensive very quickly. I don't like cold calling either and I don't see it as being very effective.

    ReplyDelete