Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Off On Another Great Adventure.

In two weeks I will be going down to Nassau County on Long Island in New York for a four day training workshop on activism giving by the “National Gay and Lesbian Task Force” I was invited to the “New York Power Summit Grassroots Organizing Training for the LGBT Communities and Our Allies”.....

“The Task Force’s Power Summit is an intensive action-oriented training designed to provide activists with the concrete skills, tactics, and strategies they need to get lawmakers on our side, talk with the public about the issues facing the LGBT community and, most importantly, build grassroots organizations and coalitions that will win critical rights and protections for the LGBT community.”


I looking forward to it, the last one I attended was great and I learned a lot and made a number of network contacts. I am going with two other CTAC Board members plus someone from “Loves Makes A Family”. I am planning on taking the Bridgeport – Port Jefferson ferry to avoid driving through New York City. I can just sit back enjoy trip and take a lot of photos from the ferry.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Di, if this is you, then good on ya!
    You'd know me as Laurie..you have the email or the phone.

    This post is solid, I do hope that this is you. Call me.

    Love you and J, and the kidling.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and by the way..nobody breaks their wrists at 8 months old. You were beat up, and you did not ever deserve that. Be glad you are rid of them.

    Wherever you have landed, you did not ever deserve broken bones, or broken spirit.

    Live on and live large, and I think you do.

    Love, L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent an email hopefully to you. If you do not get the email call me. But it is probably best if you email me, diana_57_usXyahoo.com (Replace the X with @) or call me.



    And yes, it was an accident. My parents drove over to my grandparent's and I fell asleep on the was over. So they let me sleep on my grandparents big bed and they put pillows on both sides of me. I woke and crawled off the bed.

    ReplyDelete